These last few days have not been good. Highlights
a few donuts
a few Sodas
a few flour tortillas
a burger
and I finally broke down and had me some FRIED CHICKEN (i was feeling sorry for myself)
I started off the day somewhat OK
Breakfast:
2 eggs with bacon and 2 pieces of toast
Lunch:
1 beef fajita taco with no tortilla
1 chicken fajita taco with no tortilla
Dinner: WHY!!!!!
Church's Fried Chicken
mashed potatoes
WHY:
I had given myself the green light to eat some crappy food these last few days because I was still feeling weak from my stomach bug. I also didn't feel like eating a bunch of veggies or fruit so the next best thing was junk food. I don't know how I made this seem OK, but I did. I had lost 5 lbs in one night and didn't feel right. I thought this would make feel normal quicker and it did.
So last night I was thinking that it was going to be GAME TIME in the gym today. I haven't been pushing myself 100% yet because I was still trying to get my legs under me. I finally feel strong enough to really push myself harder and drop some more weight. This was my mind set all day. I couldn't wait to get into the gym today. It wasn't cold at all and I knew I'd be soaked with sweat so I took an extra shirt. It was going to be on like donkey kong.
We go through our warm up set which was really tough. 30 seconds each 1st burpees, then High knees, followed by push-up mount-climbers, samson stretch. We do this 2 times and then we do a light 400m run. Next we do Max rep of pull ups. I started with the red band and move up to the blue one, I was only able to do 9 pullups. Next we move to the jump boxes. This is where it goes down. I was feeling good and on the 12th one my butt/lower back feel this sharp pain. I tried to fight through it but couldn't jump anymore. So I started doing step ups and these didn't feel good either.
The actual WOD hasn't even started. I tried to run the 800m but walked them. This is the first time I have not finished a WOD. I have been the last person many times and I'm sure some people had wished I'd quit so they could leave. I was so down and out. Instead of thinking to myself that these things happen and not to let it bother me....I let it bother me. I started feeling like a quitter and a failure, and what do quitters and failures do? They Soak their sorrows in some bad Church's Fried Chicken. It did make feel better just for a few seconds. Then I saw Cruz and thought again to myself that I'm letting him down. I can't let him down.
I have learned from this and I'm glad I had the chicken. It didn't work any wonders for me, my back is still hurting. I'll go see Miss Julie tomorrow and hopefully it'll be on next week.